Travel Soccer for 2019/202 is for children with birth years between 2006 and 2011. Registration is required to attend the try-outs.
Players are strongly encouraged to attend both try-out sessions for their age group. Players interested in "playing up" must try-out for both age groups. For try-out schedule click here.
Registration fees are fully refundable if:
1) A player withdraws prior to the first try-out date for your age group
2) A player is not offered a roster spot
3) A player played was on the 2017/2018 roster for any portion of the season and withdraws prior to 11:59pm on the "committment date"
Refunds will not be given if a player declines a BHYSC roster spot and accepts a roster spot on a non-BHYSC team or If a player, regardless of their residency, withdraws after the "committment date".
BHYSC does retain a $50 try-out fee for players who withdraw that are not residents of Berkeley Heights or Mountainside. This fee will not apply to players, regardless of residency, who were on a BHYSC team roster for any portion of the 2019/2020 season. The try-out fee will be charged to non-residents of Berkeley Heights or Mountainside if:
1) A player is offered a roster spot on a BHYSC team and declines the spot before the "committment date"
2) A player accepts a roster spot on a non-BHYSC team and therefore cannot be offered a BHYSC roster spot
3) A player withdraws, for any reason, after the first try-out date for their age group
The committment date is typically 3 - 7 days after the date the team rosters are posted. Committments dates with the team rosters. Plesae note, BHYSC reserves the right to ask a player to commit to a roster spot prior to posting the team roster and committment date being posted. If a player accepts a roster spot prior to the team roster and committment date being posted they will not receive a refund for any fees.
For more information on the tryout process and team formation please see our FAQs.